After February 15, 2015, you can enroll in a 2015 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace only if you have a life event that qualifies you for a Special Enrollment Period.
SEE IF YOU QUALIFY FOR A SPECIAL ENROLLMENT PERIOD
If you know you qualify for special enrollment, select the button below and we'll take
you to apply and start your application.
Life events that may qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period
- Losing job-based coverage for any reason, including resigning, getting laid off, or getting fired
- Losing coverage through a divorce
- COBRA coverage ending (but not cancelling it yourself before it expires)
- Aging off a parent’s plan when you turn 26
- Losing eligibility for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Note: Losing coverage that does not qualify as minimum essential coverage does not qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period.
Find out if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, or learn how to apply if you know you do.
If you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
You can apply online or by phone. Before you apply, you can use a checklist to gather everything you need before you call or log in (PDF).
To enroll with a Special Enrollment Period by phone
You can contact the UNIA health care department to apply by phone. Be sure to tell the representative you think you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. They will verify your eligibility.